Monday, September 7, 2015

Reilly Crabbs - Blog Post #1



  1. Two repetitions I saw in this article was the word “world” (used eight times) and the word “consequences” used twice
  2. “Grimmer, deplorable, exhaustion, apocalypse, harrowing, unprecedented” - Feelings/themes of dystopia
  3. Cheered/Demoralized, Poor/Wealthy, Love/Hate, Miserable/Wondrous
  4. I believe that the stand I chose from “Fresh Hell”  all fall under the themes used in dystopias. This is significant because the article is trying to convey the point of dystopias and these words help guide the reader into understand how dystopias make one feel.
  5. An anomaly that I picked up on is on page 4 where the author describes Katniss’s experience in the capital. That she is “forced to live every teen-age girl’s dream”. Katniss is celebrated in the city which she says to hate but the author points out how Katniss describes in lavish detail what she was being treated to. This opposes the grim and deplorable aspects of dystopia that was highlighted in other parts of the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.