Sunday, November 8, 2015

blog post 7 quinn cohen

I have selected the film I am Legend for my assignment. I remember seeing this movie when I was younger and getting avery eerie feel from it. I had been a huge fan of scary movies in the past and I did not expect this movie to have such a scary feel to it but it really did. I recall a scene in the movie where the main characters dog died and I couldnt help but feel a whirlwind of emotions you do not always experience in films.

The whole movie is a dystopia. This one scientist who tried to discover the cure to an awful plague could not succeed and ended up being just him left in the world with the "infected". There is a bold contrast between the two types of people that exist in the dystopia. There is also a great amount of scenes in the movie that use lighting and other film techniques to get across a lot of the emotion and expression they are going for. The infected can only survive in the dark so any scary scene must involve some dark lighting elements to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.