Sunday, November 8, 2015

Blog Post 7

I've chosen Edge of Tomorrow as my piece. It's a science fiction film from 2014 directed by Doug Liman. It is in fact based of the Japanese book All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. It takes place in a future world, a somewhat dystopian world. Tom Cruise is the main character along with Emily Blunt. Cruise's character, Major William Cage, gets placed into combat without any experience and dies the first day. He ends up getting blood from an Alpha on him and can replay the day over and over. These two characters then keep repeating the day until finally they defeat the alien invasion and by destroying the Omega. I believe this film had many gender role applications that I can analyze as well as dystopian characteristics that I can go in depth with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.