Thursday, November 5, 2015
Savannah Lucas - Blog Post 7
I have decided to work with the film Snowpiercer in Unit 3. Snowpiercer is a pretty new film, just over two years old. A man made attempt at ending global warming goes wrong and a new ice age emerges. Survivors live on a train that travels the entire earth in a year. The higher class of social people make up the front cars of the train while lower class people are forced into the cramped, dirty cars at the back of the train. One of the back car passengers decides to start a revolt and fights his way to the front, hoping to get to the engine and confront Wilford, the man in charge. This film has some very obvious dystopian elements in it. Some include natural (or rather unnatural) disaster, technology, an isolated leader, and social classes. I have seen this movie before, but I am looking forward to watching it again and noticing the dystopian aspects I didn’t catch before. Being that the protagonist is a man, I wonder how women and gender roles will be represented in this film. It will be interesting to really analyze how the confined space of the train adds to interesting visuals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.