I have chosen, Never Let Me Go by Kazoo Ishiguro. In this novel, students at a boarding school are raised without learning skills needed for life, but to keep their bodies healthy. The students do not learn normal subjects in this school, but instead are encouraged to create art and the best art is selected by the Madame of the school. The story follows three students, Ruth, Kathy, and Tommy, who learn that they are clones with their purpose to donate vital organs to "normals," resulting in the eventual death of the clones. Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy are moved outside of the boarding school to a residential complex, in which they begin to interact with the outside world and begin their donations.
I chose this as my primary source because it further explores the aspect of humanity and dehumanization in dystopian narratives. I knew of this book before I found it on the list, but I have never read it before. I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity because I have already analyzed dystopian narratives and could further that with this novel. I wrote on this topic in my Essay two, and wish to continue to explore this topic though another dystopian narrative.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.