For my primary source I have decided on "The Maze Runner" movie directed by Wes Ball. This movie is about a dystopian world where teenagers wake up in a walled in area. They do not remember who they are, how they got there, or what is happening. The wall surrounding the area opens up once a day, allowing the people called the maze runners to run into this wall, and through the maze. They only have a short amount of time to do this though. If they get stuck in the maze after it closes they die, or so they think because no one has ever come back. The main character is named Thomas, he decides to become a maze runner because he wants to find a way out.
I think this movie will fit my interests because it is a very popular movie that I have seen and enjoyed. I like the plot of it, and find the idea behind it interesting. It is strange to think that people could wake up in a place and not know who they are or what is happening at all. I picked this source because I know I enjoyed the film so I hope I will enjoy analyzing scenes from it. I also like that it has a male main character instead of a female one like "The Hunger Games" and Divergent both had. I feel like it is a whole new perspective when instead of having a strong female lead we have this male lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.